Monday, August 20, 2007

Asperger Who?

It is incredibly frustrating to be living with what I live with. I have had it all of my life, and I have never realized until now in my life that there are tons of things that are extremely difficult for me to do. Like for instance, I cannot read people's emotions real well. I can't differentiate sarcasm from madness. I have a hard time dealing with change and I always have to have a certain type of routine, and if that routine gets tweaked even in the slightest than I'm pretty much full of anger and frustration, those are the only emotions I know how to handle it with which really sucks. I lash out when it is very inconvenient for me and the other parties and I just vent and vent and I don't realize at the time who it affects and how it affects them. I have to have certain things organized and I become obsessed with certain things. Like with me it is baseball stats and sports, while with others it could be Warhammer or Magic the Gathering. I mean I hate being stuck in this box that I can't and don't know how to get out of, but after awhile you just become resigned to your fate and realize that you are stuck there and there is nothing to do about it. It really sucks and it's a horrible thing. I have no idea why I was picked to do this or be like this if I was even picked at all. It just really doesn't make much sense to me. I always needed help with everything, even the little things that other people my age could do independently and that was the most frustrating part of it all. My motor skills are basically shot to shit and I will never be able to install anything for anyone without reading the direction manual for a long time, if that even. But i'm learning to cope and deal as best I can but it is still hard. I wish everyone knew about Asperger's Syndrome and what it does and how it affects the person with the disorder because I would love to educate people on it. I want people to understand that we are fragile people and not to take advantage of us. Even though in my case it is very hidden, it is still apart of me and I deal with it every day. You have no idea how I wish I could get brain surgery or get rid of it for a day, I'd be the happiest person alive. But instead it is a part of me and I have to deal with it. Man does it suck!

No comments: